Saturday, May 5, 2012

23.

22 was a big year for me y'all. Well, more specifically May 2011 was a big month for me. In one month I turned 22, graduated college, and married the love of my life. Pretty much every big milestone within 2 weeks. So 23 has a lot to live up to. But, considering we will be moving across the world to start a new life together-- I think 23 will do just fine for itself.

I really love birthdays, like a lot. I love celebrating people, being with the ones I love most, and mostly I just love eating cake. I didn't have huge expectations for this birthday considering Brian had an overnight and couldn't come home that night, and many of my friends are packing up to move away. But y'all, my husband and my friends are awesome. They went all out and made me feel so special, loved, and honored. I am really blessed.

I woke up to the sweetest card from Brian with a gift card to treat myself to some glorious iced Starbees. My friend Kate brought me lunch and took my to my favorite coffee shop to get my favorite iced latte (see a trend here? The way to my heart, people..). I had a relaxing afternoon watching Netflix and eating strawberries with whipped cream.  Then dinner with some of my fave ladies followed by cake and fun times back at another friends house. The night ended with a good ole slumber party since all of our husbands were gone for the night and everyone knows I hate sleeping alone :)

I love these ladies A LOT. 

They even made me my FAVE, funfetti!


I got to celebrate with my man the day after my birthday when I ate my weight in sushi in honor of our big Japanese move coming up. I felt good about that. 




Thank you for all the phone calls, texts, cards, FB messages, tweets, instagrams, dutch ovens (thanks ERIN!), etc. etc. You guys rule and I'm just so blessed that I get to live the life I live. 

Here's to 23! Yee-haw!

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that I get to enjoy life with you at age 23! You are the best wife a man could ask for. I love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh love you. you are so beautiful. wish i couldve been there to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete