Tuesday, May 22, 2012

year one.

This year has been the most fun, adventurous, fast, loving, beautiful, imperfect, perfect year of my life. A year ago today I married my best friend and I can honestly say that I love that man so much more today than I did a year ago.


I've learned so much about who I am as a women, and as a child of God through my marriage. I have seen good sides of myself and I have seen really, really ugly sides. I've experienced more grace and forgiveness than I deserve. 

My marriage pushes me to Jesus, and really, what more could I ask for? It isn't always pretty, actually it rarely is, but it is sanctifying and it is real and it's more than I could have ever imagined. 


I've grown to love this role I am in. I love getting to cook dinner and make a home that my husband loves to return to. I love that I am the one that gets to encourage Brian and remind him that he has what it takes. I love that I get to stand beside him through this journey that we are on. I love getting to play the supporting role. 


I cannot wait to see what year 2 holds for us. A new country, a new job, a new community. I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. 


Pictures by Jenna Thomas

5 comments:

  1. Way to make me boo-hoo at work! This was so loving and sweet, I cannot wait to have this, be this, do this! What a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little sis, you are incredibly incredibly beautiful. Inside and out. I love you and I miss you! Thank you for sharing your heart and encouraging from so far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little sis, you are incredibly incredibly beautiful. Inside and out. I love you and I miss you! Thank you for sharing your heart and encouraging from so far away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures from your wedding are really beautiful. The two of you look amazing in your wedding attires. Hope you had a lovely time celebrating your anniversary as well. I’m also organizing a party to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary this weekend at one of my favorite venues in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete