You just gotta give thanks on a thursday. It sounds too good not to. So here are 5 reasons I am thankful today..
1. Today is thursday. That makes tomorrow friday. And fridays means Brian. These field weeks are long. Im thankful for the end. And for new red dresses that ease the pain. And iphone mirror pics. Always thankful for those.
2. I'm thankful for the women I get to do life with. Like really, do life. Like spend the night with them, make meals with them, drink morning coffee with them, study the bible with them. With our husbands gone and our families far away, we are family to each other. I really feel like the Lord handpicked these women specifically for me. I've learned so much and grown so much from my time with them. (a full blog post coming soon on this topic...)
3. Our little tiny apartment. It's so cozy and is the first place Brian and I called home as a family. It will always remind me of this sweet season of life where we learned that hospitality and ministry does not have to be luxurious. A home cooked meal and good conversation speaks louder than matching furniture and lots of rooms. And the brown chair, we love the brown chair.
4. My mom. The greatest mom in the world (don't try to fight me on this). Her birthday was last week and she turned 52, but looks like she is 25 and is the cutest little lady in the world. I could easily write a whole list on why I am thankful for her alone. I am able to love and serve Brian better from watching her love and serve my dad. She is the ultimate role model and loves her kids like crazy.
5. My little basil plant. Sometimes I dream up these dreams in my head that seem too lofty and unattainable and out of my league that I don't know where to start. Like my huge herb garden dream. A good friend started me small.
Whatchall (translation: what are ya'll) thankful for?