Sunday, January 26, 2014

one month of jane.

Now that our girl has been a month for 2 weeks now, I should post these sweet pictures of her on her one month birthday. What an incredible month it was. Our world was forever changed by our Jane, yet she fits so seamlessly into our family. We couldn't have dreamed up a sweeter, more snuggly, loving little lady. She is everything we dreamed of, prayed for, and could want in a baby. We prayed that she would be full of joy, and is she ever. At times I would worry that we destined her for plainness by naming her Jane, but she is anything and everything but plain. At one month, she is so lively, active, and alert. People are always amazed that she is only a month old. 


She is smiling and cooing more and more everyday. When she is awake, her arms and legs move pretty much non stop. She looks back and forth to find mama and daddy's voices and her eyes light up when she finds us. She loves to eat; there are very few problems in her world that the boobs don't fix. She also takes a bottle like a champ; which allows her dad to feed her before bed every night. She has completely outgrown her newborn outfits and is venturing into the world of 3 month clothes. She is such a great traveler, and loves to catch a nap on the go. AND she slept for a 6 1/2 hour stretch last night, and mama woke up feeling like a new woman.

We are truly smitten with this little girl. 

I feel like I have spent much of my life wanting the next thing in life. College, marriage, a big move, etc. This is one of the few seasons of life where I feel completely content, and almost desperate for time to slow down. Motherhood has taught me so much already about my heart, the good and the bad. The selfish parts, and the ability to love something so much. Brian and I feel so blessed that the Lord saw us fit to be the parents of this special, special girl. We are praying and believing big things for her life.


2 comments:

  1. What a cutie patootie! My daughter's middle name is Jane...so I must add...GREAT name choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I’m Judy! I have a question and would love to speak with you more. Please email me when you get a chance, thank you!

    ReplyDelete